Cisco VPN client

Hi,

I am trying to connect to the cisco VPN server from my network which has linux firewall and windows 2000 systems. I have installed the Cisco

VPN Client on one of the windows 2000 pro system and trying to connect and I am not able to connect with the error "Secure VPN Connection terminated localy by the client Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding"

When i went through some document in the net they say that

UDP port 500 UDP port 10000 (or any other port number being used for IPSec/UDP) IP protocol 50 (ESP) TCP port configured for IPSec/TCP NAT-T port 4500

Should be open

I am not soo good at IPtables. Can any one tell me how to open this ports in the iptables so that i can dial my vpn client

Plzz some one help me on this issue

Regards

Vinod

Reply to
Vinod
Loading thread data ...

Hello,

Dumb newbie question. I have a pix 501 with a 10 user VPN license. Unit came with a CD but I can't locate the VPN client software. Where is the program located. Likewise, where is the server software?

Regards,

Buck

_______________________________________________________________________________ Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 -

formatting link
The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Buck Rogers

In article , Buck Rogers wrote: :Dumb newbie question. I have a pix 501 with a 10 user VPN license. :Unit came with a CD but I can't locate the VPN client software. Where :is the program located.

I thought it came with the 501, but I could be misremembering.

: Likewise, where is the server software?

The server software is in the PIX 501. That's the whole point: the PIX *is* the VPN server.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

You can download the VPN client from Cisco:

formatting link
The server part is on the PIX.

DT

Reply to
dt1649651

Walter,

Thanks again for your help. Greatly appreciated.

Buck

_______________________________________________________________________________ Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 -

formatting link

Reply to
Buck Rogers

DT,

Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated.

Buck

formatting link

Reply to
Buck Rogers

Hi there, Is there any way to test the Cisco VPN client on a PC inside the network? Thanks, Calin

Reply to
Tester

I don't believe there is a reliable way to test vpn connectivity inside the network. You are already connected.

Reply to
layer3

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.