no internet when connected to pix with vpn client

Hello I need a little help. I have a pix 501 at my house. I used the pdm vpn wizard to allow remote vpn access to my home lan. The only problem I am having is when I use the vpn dialer and make connection to my home, I lose internet access on the client side. The pix side can still access the internet. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
jawdoc
Loading thread data ...

See if this command helps:

Pix#config t Pix(config)#isakmp nat-traversal

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco eBay Repair Service
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Reply to
jawdoc

You need to set up split-tunnel in your vpngroup on the PIX. It is possible to do that via PDM, but I don't recall how.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Take a look at this Configuring Cisco Secure PIX and VPN Client Doc:

formatting link
The only command you need adding that is not in the document is:

isakmp nat-traversal

Perhaps you can post the config?

If you have a split tunneling problem.

The idea of split tunneling is that you use an ACL to define what should go down the VPN, then everything else goes onto the internet unencrypted.

So using "permit ip any any" as the split tunnel ACL is rather defeating the point of it.

More usual to be "permit ip [vpn_user_subnet] [office_subnets]".

Those that can help you can't be sure without seeing the CLI config.

With a nat-traversal problem a user can connect, send traffic down the tunnel, but gets nothing back when PIX drops it because the user peer IP does not match IP in the packet header.

------------------------

How to Configure the Cisco VPN Client to PIX with AES:

formatting link
Configuring VPN Client:

formatting link

------------------------

Sample codes for configuring Remote VPN Access on a PIX:

access-list 101 permit ip 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.0

255.255.255.0 access-list 120 permit ip 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0

nat (inside) 0 access-list 101

isakmp policy 10 authentication pre-share isakmp policy 10 encryption 3des isakmp policy 10 hash md5 isakmp policy 10 group 2 isakmp policy 10 lifetime 86400

isakmp identity address isakmp nat-traversal 20

crypto ipsec transform-set vpnset esp-3des esp-md5-hmac

ip local pool ippool 10.1.1.11-10.1.1.21

vpngroup vpnclient address-pool ippool vpngroup vpnclient idle-time 1800 vpngroup vpnclient dns-server 139.130.4.4 vpngroup vpnclient password cisco456 vpngroup vpnclient split-tunnel 120

crypto dynamic-map dynmap 10 set transform-set vpnset crypto map remote_vpn 20 ipsec-isakmp dynamic dynmap

username cisco password cisco123

aaa-server LOCAL protocol local crypto map remote_vpn client authentication LOCAL crypto map remote_vpn client configuration address initiate crypto map remote_vpn client configuration address respond

Regarding the VPN Client, just simply install it by following the instruction on screen, click "new":

"connection entry" a name for your reference "host" public ip of the pix 501 "name" vpnclient "password" cisco456

To initiate a tunnel, double click the entry you just created.

It will then prompt you for individual username and password ( it's cisco and cisco123 ).

------------------------

Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Product Quick Reference Guides, CPQRG

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

I would indeed appreciate any help on config the split tunnel. I hope I can do this from the pdm, if so please give me some guidance. Once again, I appreciate your help.

Walter Robers> > >I need a little help. I have a pix 501 at my house. I used the pdm

Reply to
jawdoc

formatting link
There are a couple of examples buried in
formatting link

Ummm, my usual guidance is "PDM is seldom worth using".

Reply to
Walter Roberson

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
jawdoc

If you want to use the PDM wizard, on the last page of the setup wizard, you at the bottom there's a checkmark for Spil Tunneling

Julian

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
Julian Dragut

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.