PIX 7.0 & MPLS/VLAN support?

I may have overlooked it, but couldn't find anything about this ... Does the new 7.0 version include either support for MPLS/VRFs, and/or VLAN support that isn't counted towards a 10/12 interface maximum as in

6.* (which in turn would also require routing same subnets on different VLANs) ? Especially the VRF support would be great, as to date I have not found any firewall that supported it (apart from the Cisco routers if you want to count their abilites as a Firewall). Only solution I found to date were Lucent Bricks, which are a major PITA/POS ...

Tnx, -garry

Reply to
Garry
Loading thread data ...

You can read about all new functionality here:

formatting link

No.

Yes, the limits for the VLANs per platform were raised. You can check for them here:

formatting link

Cisco routers can be a stateful firewall with advanced traffic inspection and IDS/IPS functionalities in one, VRF-aware of course. Do You have anything against CBAC?

Reply to
Łukasz Bromir

The 6500 supports MPLS and also the FWSM and VLAN support (the FSWM is a PIX on a blade). You can also run virtual firewalls on the FWSM (additional license required). There not bad but still no multicast support.

Darren

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
darren

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.