pix 501 as home remote access vpn server

I hope I'm able to accomplish the following. I have a pix 501 at home which I'd like to set up as a remote access vpn server. It will only be for 1 or 2 users max. It will not be a site-site vpn.

Any ideas how I can accomplish this? I was under the impression that this could be done although not recommended for more than 2-3 users simultaneously. My goal is to access my home lab from anywhere if need be or managing my boxes in a pinch.

Thanks in advance for any constructive comments or suggestions.

Jay

Reply to
jvel777
Loading thread data ...

I hope I'm able to accomplish the following. I have a pix 501 at home which I'd like to set up as a remote access vpn server. It will only be for 1 or 2 users max. It will not be a site-site vpn.

Any ideas how I can accomplish this? I was under the impression that this could be done although not recommended for more than 2-3 users simultaneously. My goal is to access my home lab from anywhere if need be or managing my boxes in a pinch.

Thanks in advance for any constructive comments or suggestions.

Jay

Reply to
jvel777

Yes you can, I have used my PIX 501 for that exact same purpose.

for a config example see:

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Merv,

Thanks. This is just what I need.

Jay

Reply to
jvel777

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.