Migrate Config from 6.3(1) to 7.0(4) on new PIX

I'm in the process of upgrading our PIX 515(R) to a 515E(R) In the process of upgrading the PIX I would also like to upgrade the OS from

6.3(1) to 7.0(4)

While I get the Kinks worked out I would like to have both units up and running, then once I'm sure we have it all Dialed it, swap the IP addresses...

Any Tips to get me Started?

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend
Loading thread data ...

start with reading

Guide for Cisco PIX 6.2 and 6.3 Users Upgrading to Cisco PIX Software Version 7.0

formatting link
then get a copy of the PIX 7.x release notes and look at all of the open bugs to see if they may occur in your environemnt.

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Thanks, I'll Check it out.

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
Scott Townsend

So if I'm reading the Upgrade from Monitor Mode Right,

formatting link
It wants to boot into monitor mode, Set the IP of the Inside interface to something local to the TFTP, then copy the image, then you get the normal Command prompt then set the IP of the Outside interface then copy the image again to the Flash?

I can kind of understand the 2 copies, but one on each interface? did they mean to use interface ethernet 1 and interface ethernet 0.

Thanks! Scott start with reading

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
Scott Townsend

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.