rommon question

I have a router 3600 which stopped with rommon 1> prompt, I rebooted a couple of times didnt help. Does any one know what is wrong with that? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

Please look at:

formatting link

regards,

Chad

Reply to
Chad Mahoney

formatting link

I think the problem is that I have an image with no .bin extension, so it cannot load it. the IOS is 11.1 and I even dont have tftpdnld command to load a new version of IOS. Is there anyway to rename the image or download other image to flash?

Thanks-Rob

Reply to
Rob

formatting link
>

There may be a rename command after you run the help_init and load_helper commands. There is always the XModem way of uploading a new image. Another way may be to type boot and the exact name of the file, even without the .bin it should load. Without the .bin it will not load by it's self I don't think. boot flash:c2600-i-mz.122-10b

The previous post linked to a page that covered all of this information also. It might help if you do some research and make sure your having the problem you think you are.

Mr.G

Reply to
Mr.G

formatting link
>>

I already tried with exact name and no extention, didnt work! Rob

Reply to
Rob

Rob schrieb:

formatting link

Hi Rob,

another solution to download an image to a router is the xmodem download.

Please read Cisco's documentions to xmodem, take a lot of coffee and time and make the xmodem transfer.

;-)

Greeting

Gerd

Reply to
Gerd EMail

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.