Cisco 7912G Phones

We have two Cisco 2651XM routers in a test bed that we are using to test some MPEG4 video transmissions. Today I was handed two Cisco

7912G phones and asked to assign them IP addresses and make them talk across the routers. The first problem was they didn't come with power supplies. I was told that they get their power from "the Ethernet Bus". I assume this means they work with PoE. Each of my routers has 16 switch ports. I have no idea if they support power over Ethernet since I've never had to use it. Assuming I can get this part to work (even if it means buying the optional power supplies) do I need anything else to make a call from one phone to the other? In the limited research I've done I keep stumbling across the Cisco Call Manager which appears to be a separate product. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Reply to
Chris
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.