Juniper JNCIA Test and Boson Utilities

I've been studying neurotically for the JNCIA test. I've read the Sybex book cover to cover and taken all the practice tests - I feel pretty comfortable with those. Then I purchased the Boson Utilities test sim for the same and got my keister handed to me. I haven't been able to get a decent passing score yet. They test on minutae and it's a killer. I took the CCNA test and remember how that went - you have to know how to take the test, not just the material - to pass their tests. Has anyone who has taken the JNCIA test shed some light on whether or not Juniper plays the same test games that Cisco does, and also if the Boson is overkill? Thanks

Reply to
Brian in Va
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
alex_edwards2000

Hi, I´ve taken (and passed) the JNCIA-test last year. My only preparation was the Sybex-Book and some general knowledge (from my Cisco-Certs). I found the JNCIA not so hard - definitely easier than CCNA. There were no simulator-questions or things like that and if you can do the Questions from the Sybex-book that will do - the exam questions are on the same level.

Regards, Axel

Reply to
Axel Gärtner

Reply to
Brian in Va

Thank You - that's good to know - Boson's been sending me into a tail spin - I've readdressed my study topics and figure that can only help

- the Sybex book has been very informative and I think I'll lean more on that than the butt kicking I've been getting from Boson - out of 8 tests, I've only passed one - and that with a 75% - not very encouraging, but your response has been - Thank You

Reply to
Brian in Va

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.