How to configure router for SDM

Hi all,

Can't figure out what I'm missing here. I installed SDM on my PC, and am trying to access an existing router with it (I say existing because all the documentation I find shows how to set it up with a NEW router).

Anyway, I get it to accept my connection but I am getting tripped up by the usernames and password it requires. 1st, I login to the initial window by using the username "cisco" and the enable password.

Ok, that gets me to the next window. It starts asking me for SSH and/or Telnet passwords...clearly I can telnet to the device, but I'm not sure what username it's looking for.

I tried setting up a new user named sdmsdm and putting the AAA local commands in there, but that didn't do it either. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike W.
Loading thread data ...

Hey Mike, try this:

1.- Create a new username and password for yourself with "full controll" settings (config)# username mike password PaSSwOrd level 15

2.- Start a new AAA Configuration (config)# aaa new-model

3.- Set AAA to authenticate all logins (config)# aaa authentication login "databasename" local
Reply to
HACabrera

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.