IP Phones and PoE

Could someone tell me if the Nortel IP Phones (i.e. 2001, 2004, 2005) are designed to work with the Cisco proprietary PoE (Power over Ethernet)? It seems to work but we are having many other problems so wanted to confirm the intent.

Thank you in advance.

Reply to
fwiest
Loading thread data ...

Get a baystack 460 - works out of the box...!

Reply to
Ray

"fwiest" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:WIpnf.31037$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...

Yes it works, you may need a power spliter, if you are using older IP phone hardware (Phase 1)

Reply to
Hans Müller

I am using Nortel phones (i2004, i2007) with the following POE switches and midspans with no problems:

- Cisco (3750)

- Netgear (FS108P)

- Alcatel (7800 with 10/100 POE Blade, and 6600P)

- 3COM (NJ200)

- Power Dsine (4024 midspan, and 6024 midspan) (A few other switches and midspans I forget the brand and model of right now.)

The older Nortel sets will require a POE splitter donglee in between the POE source and the phone. The barrel power supply plug that comes off of the dongle connects to the power supply barrel jack of the phone.

The newer Nortel IP phones that are standards compliant operate without the need for the splitter and boot right up. Even the i2007 has no problems here.

In all cases I have left the speed selection and duplex in all phones at Auto. Most phones are set at partial DHCP. No VLAN setting was used in the phone. The default port (4100) was used.

The phones themselves have to communicate through a set of other LAN switches and routers before hitting the PBX. (Cisco, Alcatel, 3COM, Nortel) but no problems there either.

Reply to
Chris Romero

Reply to
Johnson, Christopher [MOP:2669

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.