Cisco 2621xm

Hi All, I have a 2621xm router that is not showing any interfaces. The router is booting fine and i have loaded a new IOS onto it, yet when i do a 'show run' it is displaying everything except interfaces, when i do 'show int' nothing is showing either. Would anyone have any ideas as to the problem? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
stownetworking
Loading thread data ...

What does a 'show diag' give you?

You sure you have the correct IOS for that platform loaded? Do you have enough memory in there to support the image you have?

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Hi, 'show diag' gives me nothing back.

Reply to
stownetworking

This is an abnormal condition, there is no way to achieve this result by normal means. So either the hardwre is broken or something unusual is going on with the software.

Are you able to answer more than one question at a time?

"You sure you have the correct IOS for that platform loaded?" sh ver sh flash

"Do you have enough memory in there to support the image you have?" sh mem sh log

Try erasing the configuration and letting the router re-create the default one. write erase ! this probably shows my age reload

Obviously you would want to make a copy of the startup-config first if you want to keep it.

I would take the lid off and wiggle the bits inside as a last resort. Power off obviously.

Reply to
bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.