Using an Avaya 4610SW IP phone with Cisco CME 3.3

I have a Cisco CME 3.3 test lab set up, and have several 7940 and 7960 IP phones attached (2691 router w/ 3550 PoE switch).

I also have an Avaya 4610SW IP phone that I'd like to add to the system. From what I've read, this should be possible. My question is, how?

I'm thinking the phone has to know which vlan is the voice vlan so it can pick up the correct IP address from DHCP, then it has to be registered with CME. Does anyone have any step-by-step directions I could follow? Thanks.

Reply to
ttripp
Loading thread data ...

Visit avayausers.com

Reply to
Bob

4610SW with its original firmware uses Avaya proprietary protocol. So, you'll have to load One-X Quick Edition firmware which is SIP compatible. Check on support.avaya.com if you can still download the firmware - they have discontinued the One-X QE and I don't know if the firmware will be available for download for long, so get it quick while you can.
Reply to
DA

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.