Cat65xx - Supervisor - Redundance

Hi group,

for a customer I should upgrade a cat 6513 with a secondary redundant supervisor (SUP2)

This is my prefered procedure:

1. On a seperate chassis I copy the same IOS image to the SUP an make it as a native IOS
  2. I switch off the Cat where I plug the new redundant SUP
  3. I plug the new redundant SUP in the switch

these are my questions:

1. should I copy the config file from the actice SUP to the secondary or is this done automatically ?
  2. how can I control which one is the primary SUP? Is this slot dependent ?
3.For the SUP2 the prefered redundancy mode is RPR+ !?

thx for all comments and help....

Reply to
dennis
Loading thread data ...

ok.

That's not necessary. You can plug in the redundant SUP while the Cat6K is up and running.

It's done automatically.

If both Sups are running the same IOS the new one will be the redundant one. You can switch over by using "redundancy force-switchover"

Have a look at

formatting link
?Route processor redundancy (RPR):

?Supports a switchover time of 2 or more minutes (see Chapter 7, "Configuring NSF with SSO Supervisor Engine Redundancy").

?Supported on Supervisor Engine 720 and Supervisor Engine 2.

?Route processor redundancy plus (RPR+):

?Supports a switchover time of 30 or more seconds (see Chapter 7, "Configuring NSF with SSO Supervisor Engine Redundancy").

?Single router mode with stateful switchover (SRM with SSO):

?Supports a switchover time of 1 or more seconds.

?Supported on Supervisor Engine 720.

?Not supported on Supervisor Engine 2.

?Nonstop Forwarding (NSF) with SSO:

?See Chapter 7, "Configuring NSF with SSO Supervisor Engine Redundancy."

Hope this helps.

Lothar

Lothar Hofmann

Lothar Hofmann Mail: snipped-for-privacy@uni-siegen.de Universitaet Siegen / ZIMT Zentrum fuer Informations- und Medientechnologie Hoelderlinstr. 3 Phone: +49 271 740 4760 D - 57068 Siegen Fax: +49 271 740 2523

Reply to
Lothar Hofmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.