Supervisor II guide or manual available ?

Hi !

I'm working on the configuration of VLAN's on a Cisco Catalyst 4006 with Supervisor Engine II. I found reference manuals for Supervisor Engines II+ and up, but I couldn't find one for II.

There seem to be many differences between Sup II and the newer versions, for example, "switch#conf terminal" won't work, "switch#vlan database" also isn't recognised.

Life would be a lot easier if I had a (VLAN) guide for a Supervisor II. Does anyone have this guide or the link to a site that has this guide available for download ?

Thx in advance !

Reply to
Catalyst_user
Loading thread data ...

Refurbished Cisco Product Guide

August 2000

PDF Page 151, Document Page 149

WS-X4013=3D Catalyst 4006 Supervisor Engine II, Console (RJ-45), Mgt. (RJ-45) (Spare)

formatting link

---------------------------------------------------------------------------=

-------------

Field Notices

Cisco Catalyst 4006 Switch

formatting link

---------------------------------------------------------------------------=

-------------

Field Notice: Configuration Not Cleared From Manufacturing On Spares Catalyst WS-X4013+=3D and WS-X4515=3D

formatting link
Field Notice: WS-X4013 Hangs During Upgrade from CatOS Release 5.4(2)

formatting link
Catalyst WS-X4013 Supervisor Exhibits Partial Loss of Connectivity

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com=AE Cisco Resource Center Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558=20 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

You are probably using CAT OS. "conf t" is IOS only.

In general the hardware is less important than the software version. IIRC there was one manual for the 4000, 5000 and 2948G. The later of which confusingly was effectively a non-modular 4000. The 6500 was exactly the same for most purposes unless you used its hardware for purposes other than the raw performance.

Cisco used to say that it was a software company.

Depending on version look at:-

formatting link
Catalyst 4500 Series Command Reference, 7.4 ....

The 12.xxxx material is IOS and is not what I think that you want. Do a 'show version' either IOS or CAT OS to find out what you have.

The basics usually don't change much across versions.

formatting link
formatting link
"Catalyst 4500 Series Software Configuration Guide, 7.4" ....

For sure fire information post a "sh ver" and "sh mod"

Reply to
anybody43

Did you try using the set commands?

Reply to
aunraza

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.