6500 Native vs Hybrid?

What seems to be the general consensuses on which software to run on the sup and the mscf? All the doc I read show CatOS command on the sup but I thought the CatOS is being phased out.

I guess my question is should I switch to IOS on both or keep the Hybrid config on a SUP2 with an MSFC2 board?

Thanks in advanced.

Reply to
Michael Letchworth
Loading thread data ...

switch to native

Reply to
Merv

Hi MIchael,

I guess this is really just personal opinion time here. Up until about

3 years ago, all our 6500's (less than 20 out of 500+boxes) ran Hybrid, however as soon the IOS version we wanted was available we changed them to pure IOS, so no mre CatOS now. We regularly had 1500+ days of operation under CatOS so stability was fine, it was more driven by the need for CatOS skills amongst the staff that drove the end result. For us, IOS is by far the best way ... but thats just my opinion.

Cheers................pk.

Reply to
Peter

Michael Letchworth a écrit :

Like the others who have answered before, I'll recommend native, unless you have blades that are not supported by IOS (e.g. ATM).

Reply to
Francois Labreque

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.