Advice on cisco 1841 IOS version

Hi, I bought an used 1841 cisco router on ebay and it came with this IOS version:

Cisco IOS Software, 1841 Software (C1841-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.4 (10), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) System image file is "flash:c1841-advsecurityk9-mz.124-10.bin"

I'd like to check that this IOS version is OK (i.e. without major bugs, not being tampered and so on)

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance Guido

Reply to
gb
Loading thread data ...

To check for bugs on use the Cisco Bug Toolkit:

formatting link
To verify if your IOS image has been modified from the original:

"To verify that a Cisco IOS software image was not corrupted while it was transfered to the router, copy the image from where it is stored on your router to a Unix server. Also copy the same image from CCO (Cisco.com) to the same Unix server. (The name may need to be modified if you try to save the IOS image in the same directory as the image that you copied from the router.) Now run a Unix diff command on the two Cisco IOS software images. If there is no difference then the IOS image stored on the router has not been corrupted. "

Source:

formatting link

Reply to
Scott

There is also the verify command router#verify c870-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T7.bin .... Embedded Hash MD5 : AFD19A940E6F92872A1C45D0C5610A10 Computed Hash MD5 : AFD19A940E6F92872A1C45D0C5610A10 CCO Hash MD5 : D0D2633542CE736895EAD821219F2E2A

The CCO hash is published on

formatting link
in the software download section.

There is an md5 utility in linux and there are some on the internet for windows. e.g

formatting link

For a proper bug scrub you need to consider the features that you plan to use. However, for use as a basic router the chances of there being any issues with 12.4.10 mainline are quite small. I would put a beer on it anyway.

Reply to
bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.