Cisco 1841 - Voice

Q: it says that the Cisco 1841 does not support voice and that it only supports Voice-over-IP (VoIP) pass-through. If I understand correctly, this means that it does not support modules for voice, and if I want to use VoIP I have to have other equipment on the LAN side of the 1841. To give priority to VoIP traffic, I will have to configure QoS. To have have voice support integrated in the router, I will have to use at least 2800 series router. Is this understanding correct?

SandStrand

Reply to
Goggen
Loading thread data ...

Yes, the 1841 will certainly route traffic to from your ip call processing. But it will NOT act as a pstn gateway or run any voice services, ie srst or cme. 2811 at least, and beware of dsp needs. Cheers Jason

Goggen wrote:

Reply to
jw

Voip Learning and Translating Tutorial Voice Over IP is a new communication means that let you telephone with Internet at almost null cost. How this is possible, what systems are used, what is the standard, all that is covered by this Howto.

formatting link

Reply to
kimi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.