Problem: 2610 with XM image

Hello, I have a 2610 (not XM) and to test some 2610XM series features I tried to install an IOS image for XM series. The image is c2600-ipbasek9-mz.124-5a.bin, and can work with 64MB ram and 16MB flash. Everything looks to work fine. I have an ADSL wic interface connected to a 4Mbit/sec download BW and 256Kbit/sec upload BW adsl line. The problem is that my download speed is not going over than 2.6Mbit/sec even if I have 4Mbit/sec bandwidth. If I use an old image specific for the 2610 my download will be 4Mbit/sec. I see that with the XM images, the used memory increases up to 12.8Mbyte instead of 6.4MBytes, but cpu load looks the same with both images. All that changes, is only the image, not the running config. My tests have been made with the same download on the same site, with enough bandwidth. I tested also different 12.3T images for 2610XM, and the problem appears for all the images for the XM platform.... With images specific for non XM 2610, everything is OK.

Can anybody give a tip to work around this problem so I can use an XM image on a not XM router and get full speed on the interfaces?

Thanks and regards. Giovanni.

Reply to
ilcalmo
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.