Older 515E support 64MB max or 128MB?

My older PIX 515E only came with a single 32MB SIMM and I need at least 64MB to get to load v7.01. I see there are only 32MB and 128MB simms available - can it use either? What is the max RAM for this unit? I read the new ones only support 128MB (I think), so I guess they will never use the second slot ?????

Confused.

The one I have I bought from CDW and their sku number is 368664

Thanks,

-Bob

Reply to
you know who maybe
Loading thread data ...

In article , you know who maybe wrote: :My older PIX 515E only came with a single 32MB SIMM and I need at least 64MB :to get to load v7.01. I see there are only 32MB and 128MB simms available - :can it use either?

It appears to me that there are 32 and 64 megabyte SIMMs available, but not 128 Mb.

: What is the max RAM for this unit? I read the new ones :only support 128MB (I think), so I guess they will never use the second slot :?????

formatting link
Looks like to get to 64 you would just add a 32 MB SIMM.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Hi,

We ordered the memory upgrade (From cisco) and it came in a package with 2 SIMMS of 64MB each. So the upgrade replaces your existing memory.

Erik

Reply to
Erik Tamminga

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.