Problems installing Belkin pre-n router

I have a WinXP machine using a cable modem, no problems. After adding my new Belkin pre-n wireless router (of course this main computer is hard-wired to a port on the router), I can't access the internet at all! Wondering if there is some conflict with Norton Internet Security

2005. I turned off everything I can find in Norton, but still no net. I can talk straight to the router no problem, and it says it's connected to the internet, but still nothing gets through! Any thoughts???
Reply to
nethov
Loading thread data ...

Power down both the router and the modem. Wait one minute, then power up the modem only and when it is fully booted start the router. This is

*always* the first step in connecting a new MAC address (the router or computer) directly to the modem. Q
Reply to
Quaoar

Some ISP's require that the PC be registered with the DHCP server as well as the CM. If you did not clone the PC MAC into the router you may never get the router online. Step 1: Unplug everything Step 2: Plug PC into router and plug in router Step 3: Clone PC MAC into router...reboot router Step 4: Plug CM into router and plug in CM

Reply to
Dwayne Kelly

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.