Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ASA 5510 - port forwarding to external
We have a VPN into our colocation facility and need to enable the following scenarios for different vendors/clients. 1. Forward all messages on a port to a vendor/client address. Two options here a)...

Problem with ntp and time zone
On some 2960s, the time displayed is GMT, even though the time zone is set correctly. Cisco IOS Software, C2960 Software (C2960-LANBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(37)SE1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) com-feed-0#sh...

1721 Maximum memory SDRAM
I have a 1721 with 32MB onboard. It will handle up to 128MB. If I put in a 128MB SDRAM will this work? IE will the extra memory be ignored? There are 96MB SDRAM's available but they are somewhat...

Aironet SSID question
Hi, is it possible to broadcast more than one SSID on a Aironet 1242AG? I'd like to broadcast two networks (separate vlans) one for students and one for teachers. TIA

1801 + url-server (websense)
Hi, Is any one using 1801 with url-server (websense)? I can do it on my PIX 506: url-server (inside) vendor websense host a.b.c.d timeout 30 protocol TCP version 4 Is it supported on 1801? Any issues?...

Urgent Virus Issue > Block IP Address
we've got a virus infection and it keeps reinstalling a remote management tool , I've used some monitoring tools and can see it's trying to communicate with the public IP 123.119.253.199, I assumed...

To QoS or load-balancing or both
Hi all We have a 1840 router with 3 FastEthernet interfaces connecting T1, DSL, and other DSL lines. The T1 is the default route. It's getting killed, whenever one or two users start downloading huge...

2811 router config- dissect
Whats the best way to get a better understadning of whats going on in this configuration of a 2811. I am trying to dissect this configuration so that I can understand what is in there and why. Please...

1720 and SDM
The various Cisco literatures for the C1700 series of routers all seem to say that the 1710 doesn't do SDM but implies all the rest do. For example: "Security Device Manager (SDM) is not supported on...

subnetting
we have a 400 node network running on multple 3750 stackable switches at access layer and a 6509 at the core. We are talking about subnetting the network. 8 different subnets have been proposed. I...

Spanning tree port cost (10 Ggps)
Which are the default spanning tree cost for the interfaces ( also for the 10 gigabit) ? Are there any different "interface cost" implementation between IEEE 802.1D and IEEE 802.1W (Rapid Spanning...

"%Key pair with hostname Company.companyname.com will be invalid"
Hi, I got this error when I tried to change hostname on PIX 501. I have discovered that pix uses host name and domain name to generate rsa key. Is the following enough to sort this problem out? #ca...

Solutions Fast Track - Monitoring and Intrusion
Dear Reader, Designing for Detection ---------------------------- - Get the right equipment from the start. Make sure all of the features you need, or will need, are available from the start. - Know...

2600 series router using SDM
Cisco 2615XM router with SDM 2.4.1 I'm trying to get PC's on a LAN to access a default gateway adsl router so they can surf the internet but I'm stuck at the Cisco 2615XM router Here is my setup:...

Multicast over VLANs
My current gig is at an IPTV shop that works with a lot of multicast traffic. We use Cisco 2960s in the labs. Most of these switches are set up with the default VLAN on port 1 for management, and the...