Speed Touch 330 now fails to work??

My friend has an adsl connection to Wanadoo via speedtouch 330 modem. It was working fine, but now has stopped and on running the Dr speedtouch diagnostics, I note that the test fails at the first stage, giving a message saying that the PC's (XP Home) tcpip is not installed. Problem is that TCPIP is installed on the device. If it's any help, she has kids who click any rubbish that comes up on the music and nonesense sites they visit, so I reckon they've probably done something, though they don't fiddle with the techie bits - they just use the thing. I note that the ADAWARE anti spyware programme that I installed last time there were problems has now vanished and the whole system seems slow to me.

I tried to unistall TCPIP so I could re-instal it, but this doesn't seem straightforward on XP which I'm not familiar with - I use 98SE and Windows 2000, where you can simply delete a protocol, but in this system it seems more tricky.

The modem does seem to connect to Wanadoo, but nothing happens when I run explorer, just after a while, I get a message saying that the page cannot be displayed. All was fine just a while ago, and both lights show on the modem so the USB and line are OK.

Do any of you have the time to suggest something - sorry to ask - I know this will be a pain.

Regards

EvilV

Reply to
Evilv
Loading thread data ...

modem.

speedtouch diagnostics, I note that the test fails at the first stage,

a message saying that the PC's (XP Home) tcpip is not installed.

that TCPIP is installed on the device. If it's any help, she

click any rubbish that comes up on the music and nonesense

so I reckon they've probably done something, though

techie bits - they just use the thing. I

programme that I installed last time

the whole system seems slow to

straightforward on XP which I'm not familiar with - I use 98SE and

2000, where you can simply delete a protocol, but in this system

tricky.

explorer, just after a while, I get a message saying that the page

displayed. All was fine just a while ago, and both lights

the USB and line are OK.

this will be a pain.

Reply to
Tyson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.