My computer gives a system error when logged on to VPN

Hello,

I want to use the VPN client on my laptop but as soon as I enter the user name and passowrd, I get a blue screen saying that the system has encountered a serious error and needs to close (the message is actually long) and the computer restarts automatically. I don't know why this is happening. I have F-secure installed on my laptop as well as the windows XP firewall is working too but I have made an exception for the VPN client in the firewall.

Could someone tell me how do I solve this problem? I would greatly appreciate the help

Regards, Ameya

Reply to
Ameya
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried updating your drivers, specifically for your network or wireless card that is being used to establish the connection? Just taking a shot in the dark here, but I would look into ensuring your drivers for all major components are up to date (network & graphics especially). Also, have you tried to reinstall the vpn client? I doubt that is your issue since a blue screen is more than a software problem, but just something to consider.

Reply to
Trendkill

I just uninstalled the F-secure and VPN client and reinstalled VPN client first and then F-sevure and the problem is solved. There was a problem with the sequence of installation. Thanks anyway for your help.

Regards, Ameya

Reply to
Ameya

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.