Can't seem to get 802.1x to work

Hey all, I'm trying to setup 802.1x using PEAP authentication. I have the following setup in my lab:

2003 Server running SecureACS 4.0 with CA installed a 3550 Cat switch running 12.2 SEE IOS a Windows XP SP2 laptop with 802.1x authentication enabled

The problem is I can not choose PEAP settings on SecureACS because it keeps giving me an error that a certificate has not been installed even though I have installed it. I followed this guide here:

formatting link
and here

formatting link
pretty much to the E, and still no luck. I install the certificate, and it tells me its been installed and to restart the ACS service, and I get the same error message saying it's not been installed.

Has anyone seen this before?

Reply to
psychogenic
Loading thread data ...

Okay, I managed to get PEAP working now after some painful troubleshooting but now am getting this message when a machine tries to authenticate:

EAP-TLS or PEAP authentication failed during SSL handshake

invalid. What does that mean? Do I have to manually install the certificate generated for my ACS server into each client machine with

802.1x enabled?

psychogenic wrote:

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
psychogenic

I have seen this before when I had setting incorrect on my clients. for example when I had WPA with AES or WPA2 with TKIP I got this error.

formatting link
>

formatting link
>

Reply to
BG

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.