Re: Problems with Netgear MA111 adapter on Windows 98

Okay, the best solution is not to use netgears drivers. They don't work correctly with windows for some odd reason, plus the netgear utility willl block a lot of packets because of how old it is. If you have windows xp, just insert the usb and let it search online for the driver. It will grab the driver from windows and set it up with it's own wireless connection program. I have yet to find a driver for 98 yet.

Reply to
Xenoflame
Loading thread data ...

I had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS ON WIN98SE USNG NETGEAR MA111 (THE ORIGINAL VERSION)

A few weeks ago i had to install NEW ROUTER S/W (MA111 *V2* -- My router went bad) -- I have had to re-install it 5 times since then!!!!! (The other day bieng the 5th time [image:

formatting link
(It Keeps losing the drivers,etc...)) -- Whenever this happens i put in the CD and i guess it REPAIRS THE INSTALLATION and it works again........

My question is: WHY WOULD THIS DO THIS????? Could this version of the netgear software (ma111 v2) not be compatible with 98b 100%?? [image:

formatting link

I notice in the router config file it has an entry: 'XP DIALOG' and its set to *ENABLED* .. Im wondering if this could be the 1 reson..........And if i could somehow 'DISABLE *XP DIALOG*'

I also notice that 1/2 the time IT DOESNT START ON BOOTUP!!! (My other one did)

I have to MANUALLY OPEN "MA111V2.EXE" TO GET THE ROUTER CONNECTION OPENED,OTHERWISE IT DOESNT GET ANYTHING :confused:

I changed the option "XP DIALOG" to DISABLE in the OEM file for the router sw (And it hasnt changed it back yet,i left it UN READ ONLY to see if it would) and i added the DLLs to my startup folder (3 dlls with this version) Ill leave them in there for a couple days and see if things stay kosher.......If so,ill have to figure out something (I dont want 2 copies of those files in different locations on my computer -- No need for that!)

I found that the ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VERSION 1 AND 2 IS ONE THING!!

Version 1 Requirements:

Win98,ME,2000,XP

Version 2 Requirements:

Win98SE,ME,2000,XP

They changed the drivers for 98se in this 2nd version AND IT DOES NOT RUN WELL ON MY COMPUTER!!!! (Everytime i boot up i gotta either restore my registry or something to get it working again -- ALMOST EVERYTIME!!!!!!!)

I emailed NETGEAR ABOUT THIS,but they havent replied (yet....)

IM not happy AT ALL!!!!!! THEY ALWAYS GOTTA ME$$ THINGS UP!!! THEY HAVE A GOOD PRODUCT,THEN RUIN IT.......... :mad:

I checked the version of the drivers that this MA111 v2 uses and some of them are 4.10.1998 (Isnt that Win98a drivers??)

Reply to
The Dude

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.