Help! Netgear driver problems!

I have two netgear wireless adapters - a MA401 (pcmcia) and a MA101(usb). I've download drivers for both from the netgear site and my pc's won't recognize them as driver files. The Wireless Lan monitor installs fine, but it's not much good without an adapter to monitor.

I have e-mailed netgear tech support to no avail, downloaded the drivers twice and burned them on 2 different cd media. I even went so far as to have someone else download the drivers for me on their pc and burn them on cd. So far none of it works to any avail.

I want the MA401 for my Win98se laptop because it's a 16-bit card.. and it would just be nice to have the MA101 available to use in the future.

I go to the Win98 folder or XP folder and direct the add-hardware wizard there.. is there something I'm missing in the install?

I've worked with computers for years.. but this one has me stumped... I feel stupid. LOL.

Thanks

Reply to
Technically_Jared
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.