Need reliable DSL to home

Hi Folks,

I am looking for a reliable DSL company for DSL in my home. I plug into the phone jacks in the house. I have filters installed on all 3 phone jack outlets. My current provider is horrible. The line goes down all the time. Support sometimes does not even answer the phone. This is not dail-up - it's DSL. I wont name the vendor. I live in the SF peninsula.

These are my Top Priorities:

1) reliable - must online all the time.

2) support - must be able to call and talk to human during peak support times. (in case it crashes)

3) reasonable price

Any ides? What has been your experience?

Also - which is more reliable, a dynamic DSL line or static? I am thinking static is better since it costs more and my current dynamic line is no good. Do you "get what you pay for?"

Thanks, --JM

Reply to
joemacbusiness
Loading thread data ...

Dslextreme.com

--

formatting link

Reply to
ellis

You need to do a quick test. Go out to your network interface. Unplug your house. Get a 50' or 100' or whatever cable and run it from the NID to your modem. See how things go. If OK, it's your house wiring. If not OK, call the ISP and explain what you've done. If they do not fix it or roll a truck, THEN you need to find another ISP. But until you show it's not your issue, almost ALL ISPs are reluctant to invest time.

Static is "extra functionality". You're having problems with delivery of basic service.

Reply to
DLR

Hi,

The following link have all major DSL service providers, but I think you should check your internal DSL wiring first.

formatting link

also you can still consider wireless service providers

formatting link

Panda,

formatting link

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Panda

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.