Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Can access Internet but not my fileservers
Hi, I have a curious problem and don't know what to check else. I have a PC with a newly installed WIN98SE and a DLINK G520+. I can access the Internet and can do http and ftp operations. But I cannot...

XP Home Logon takes several minutes
Ever since loading of XP SP2 my laptop with the Broadcom BCM4306/BCM2050 chipset and driver ver 3.30.15 has not been happy. Even though it recognizes the router, it takes several minutes before a...

Accessing AOL through wireless modem / router
I've given my Vigor 2600we to a friend and am trying to connect to her aol broadband. Talked to help desk and all connection info is correct so the configuration of the modem seems just fine. However,...

Linksys WMLS11B
Hello, Has anyone of you a Linksys Wireless-B Music System WMLS11B? Are you stisfied? How does this device coöperitives with any wanted cookies? I often listen to Here yo have to fill in our zipcode...

Actiontec modems
Anyone have DSL (or whatever) service with an Actiontec modem? I'd like opinions of the Model GT701-WG wireless router dsl modem, or even just Actiontec stuff in general. Ed

Linksys WMA11B and windows xp media
I have a linksys wma11b wireless media installed. When I try to acces the "Media folder manager" I get this message "SharedMediaManager"... An unexpected error occured.....Please start or restart the...

AODV based firmware to make WRT54G be part of a Mesh
Anyone tried out this software to build a mesh network using Linksys WRT54G hardware? Download HericomMesh for free. HericomMesh is a linux distribution for the Linksys WRT54G. This is a replacement...

Anyone experience with D-Link DI-784 wireless router
All, anyone with experience of this router? Comments - good/bad. Compatibility with other wireless cards (Orinoco, Linksys, Netgear etc.)? Comments appreciated, want to buy as many of these as...

etherant
does anybody know how to fix an etherant ll antenna it wont link to my network

Newbie: Is it normal to drop connections w/D-Link DI-524
I just bought this unit so I still have the option of returning it. I updated the firmware to 1.05 but I still drop my connection about every 30 minutes, but my hardwired PC is more stable, about...

Samsung 2150w
Does anyone know if the Samsung 2150w supports wep?

Tin Cantenna fans - G USB wireless dongle now available $20
Those of you who have a tin cantenna using a 802.11b USB dongle may be interested in the Belkin G dongle listed at CompUSA for $20.00 That makes a pretty cheap directional antenna. with active USB...

Belkin Pre-802.11n Access Point and client cards
Anyone got one of this working yet? Apparently Comp_USA has 'em. Not 802.11n but one of the possible configurations. Belkin is quoted as claiming 800% wider coverage and 600% faster transmissions, max...

a question
I have cable internet and wish to upgrade to wireless-what do I need to get? thanx

Recommendation of outdoor antennas
HI, We are connecting two buildings about 200 feet apart. We will be using 2.4 Ghz. Does anyone have any suggestions about the type of antennas to use? Low cost is important, but not if the solution...