Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Security accidentally enabled?
I can't connect my daughter's PC to my home network even though her PC "sees" the home network. It just won't connect no matter what I do. I suspect that it might be a security thing. I do not have...

Wireless Network setup (up to 10x pcs)
I'm in the process of setting up 10x pcs to work in an office. The client wants to use his private phone line to connect an ADSL wireless modem outer along with wireless PCI cards installed in each of...

Motorola SBG900 Configuration Problem
I just got a Motorola SBG900 Cable Modem Gateway. I don't have cable internet yet but I connected the modem to my pc via Ethernet and I cannot get to the configuration page. I just get the IE "Page...

Newbie question
I have cable modem service in my home, and an existing wireless network running off a cable modem on the first and second floors. The wireless signal doesn't make it up to the 3rd floor. But--up on...

General Wifi optimizing tricks
Are there any general things to look for to speed up wi-fi performance, Just got a new DELL laptop with built in 1350 wifi card. I am running on an 11b network but it does seem to be a lot slower than...

2.4ghz question
I have a few X10 video cameras around my house. A few of them are right on the edge of the reception range. Can I make a better antenna for the receiver ? Or can I buy a better one somewhere ? Thanks...

linksys WPC54G and netgear router MR814
My scenario is: My deskop is wired to the router (netgear MR814) and it maintains its connection to the internet. My notebook (Win XP) is using a linksys wireless card (WPC54G) and it can maintain the...

Need help with D-Link DCS-2000+ and LinkSys Wireless-B Router
Hello, I need some help! I have been talking with D-Link and LinkSys all day and neither can help resolve my problem. One tends to blame the other because I am dealing with two different vendors. They...

Last resort
Can someone tell me why I can't get my dsl modem to connect or detect my Linksys wireless router? I've tried the setup several times, but I can't get this thing to work properly. Any help in this area...

Linksys WRT54GS Intermittent Drops
Folks, My problem is simple to explain. Every 30 minutes or my only wireless-connected computer drops connection and then re-establishes connection. Now for my hardware: Cable Modem: Toshiba Router:...

Locustworld Mesh Networking
Just started reading about mesh networks for wireless 802.11b access. This Locustworld stuff is pretty amazing/interesting. Open source/ free software - linux based Load it on most any...

Location of Access points
Does anyone know of a website that shows where free wirelss internet access points are?

Help with hotspots
Advice from anyone on using public wireless hotspots (t-mobile, cometa, etc.). Sometimes these work fine for me; most times not. When they don't work, it appears like I have no DNS server available -...

Attaching External Antenna to Belkin F5D7130 Access Point?
Hi, I've seen this at So you want to connect an external antenna to your router, but this does not have a removeable antenna? That's where we can help (probably). We can modify most routers....

AirPort (snow) won't talk with Win XP Laptop?
I've addressed this question to Windows groups, but have had no helpful responses. Since the AP is an AirPort, maybe the problem lies within it? The "network" consists of a snow AirPort connected to...