Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How to connect to same wife router
I am having problem connecting to my home wi-fi router when I start my laptop. It is picking my neighbour's router. I have to change it to connect to mine after starting. I can I configure my laptop...

WRT54G v5.0 - limit data?
Hi All, My mother in law has a wrt54g v5 and a bunch of students staying with her. Where they live the internet is quite fast, but they only get 5gig a month. Is there a way to on a monthly basis...

Using Aircrack with Wireless-N
Has anyone had any luck getting aircrack to work with a 802.11n wireless-N card? If so, which adapter adaptor was it? Thanks in advance!!!

wl-173 wireles lan
wie kan mij helpen hoe ik de beveiling moet instellen van de WL-173 van sitecom? begrijp namelijk geen bal van de engelse beschrijving.

DSE xh8287 HELP!! ...plz??
Hi there, I'm working in a netcafe currently, and the boss has purchased one of these wireless ap's but I can't get the bloody thing to work. Right now I have it hooked into the back of the machine he...

shortcut icon changed
For some unknown reason Windows changed the default quick launch icon for the wireless network to a tiny icon that nearly blends in with the task bar. I'd like to change it back to the default icon,...

wireless netcard die during download
I used Dlink 120+ wireless netcard in window xp sp2. The driver installed is from the original Dlink installation CD. It works fine for internet roaming. But when I try to download something, it...

linksys wireless
I recently purchased a WRT54G wireless router. I installed it when I had Win XP. It worked great, excellent signal strength. When I switched to Vista, my connectivity dropped to Fair and sometimes to...

Very Basic Router Question
I have a brand new Belkin 802.11g router which is connected by cable to one PC and wirelessly to a laptop. 90% of the time things work fine. 10% of the time, NEITHER computer will connect to the...

Issues finding network with D-link router
Hi, My girlfriend recently purchased a D-link wireless router. She is having issues as that she cannot see any signal from her laptop. There is a wired connection from the router to a PC, that works...

Mac OS X Tiger and Windows XP Pro conflicting?
Hi, I have a wireless network at home, and all the computers connect via WiFi to the 3com router. All of the PCs are fine on the network, apart from one - and Acer desktop with a Belkin 54G USB...

netgear 835g router and port forward
Hi folks ^^ I am a networking newb :rolleyes: I'm trying to set up forwarding to allow me to get decent downloads speeds in utorrent. I have a static IP address from my ISP, Eclipse internet, I use...

Newby...Have a few questions?
My friend presently has an outside omni antenna that is about 15' high. I don't think it's a direct line with my residence...he sits in a small depression...it might be line of site if I could look...

any need to update wireless card driver?
I have a D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 card currently using a driver dated 3/22/05. D-link has an updated driver v. 2.11 dated 4/11/05. I'm wary of updating drivers, whether they be for a video card,...

Can an AP client be detected
I have setup my PC at work with a Linksy router configured as a client bridge and an outside antenna. I'm using it to tap into the cities public wifi system. My employer has thier network Gestopo...