Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

wifi print server security
i want to add a print server, i currently have a dlink router running wpa2 and aes. what kind of wifi security should a print server have? how do i connect from my xp machine to the wifi print server?...

Appearing Inactive
I connect to my houses router but would like to appear inactive because my parent always knocks me off the internet because I am on too long...any tips?...

Need help with DMZ on Belkin F5D8233-4 N Wireless Router
I am having trouble setting up this wireless router with the Xbox 360 and my PC at the same time. What I want is the Xbox 360 hooked up through the wireless connection and the PC is hardwired to the...

understanding WIFI range
I don't understand how boosting power in an access point can help range. From my understanding of antennas, if the access point is transmitting a 100 mW and my computer is transmitting at 100 mW, both...

wifi biamps receiver sensitivity
Help, I bought one of those old proxim cards with a spectrum analyzer program, the analyzer works fine but the proxim card is very deaf, even with a good antenna and coax. I would like to improve the...

Tech: Weird linksys wireless problem
My brother informs me yesterday evening that our router (WRT54G) isn't sending a wireless signal. We can see other wireless signals in the neighborhood, but not ours. So, I reset the router with the...

Wireless Internet Signal from "Host Computer"
I know that in most wireless networks, the router picks up the internet signal directly from the modem, and broadcasts that through the air for computer signals to pick up. However, my DSL modem is...

wanted cable router CHEAP
hi does anyone have a working cable router (for virgin media) going spare or at least at a good price, mine died last night and after two hours to Tec support they gave up! Here's my e-mail if you can...

I cannot connet to Wireless Access Point
I am using Dell Laptop 610C and AzTech USB wireless adapter. When I view the signal I can see up to 20% strength signal. 3 Access Point I can detect. Two of them are protected via WEP and one is open....

Which WRT54G Power Supply?
I have two WRT54G power supplies, both are 12vdc and .5A. One is the traditional wire-wrapped transformer (from the WRT54G V5.0) and the newer one that comes with V8.0 is about half the size and...

NEED HELP Moding a wg511t pcmia card
i have the card i would like to add a pigtail to it.. where do i part the wire to and where do i solder the ground to? a lot of people say the connector in there is a ms 156-- i was trying to find if...

Using Yagi ANtenna to Share WIFI...
I have a yagi antenna and I would like to set it up so I can pickup my Wifi signal in my garage instead of running a cable and all... So I have an access point connected to my router and have the yagi...

how to connect Plantronics - Explorer 330 - Bluetooth headset to laptop
Hi Everyone, I am trying to connect Plantronics - Explorer 330 - Bluetooth headset to my Acer Aspire 5630 laptop using some generic bluetooth dongle. My main goal is to use the Plantronics - Explorer...

Can see network but can't connect with Netgear Wg111v2
Hi! I've been looking around the forum but can't find anything like this. I had been using a Netgear Wg111v2 wireless USB adapter for the last 2 weeks and it had been working fine. But suddenly the...

please help me with my toshiba laptop
Hi, I have bought a new Toshiba Satelite M205-S3217 laptop and i do have a Lantech Wireless Router with me. the wireless adapter is Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Adapter Windows Vista Home Premium is the...