3Com Wireless 7760 - Wireless Workgroup Bridge mode - how to set up VLAN?

3Com Wireless 7760 - Wireless Workgroup Bridge mode - how to set up VLAN?

Hello, I'm working with two 3com Wireless 7760 a/b/g PoE Access Points: the first one is configured as "Access Point mode" while the second is configured as "Wireless Workgroup Bridge mode (Client Bridge mode)".

The client (second one) is able to connect to the Access Point (first one) so everything is working ok.

Now I want to set up both devices to use VLAN. This is because I need to connect these two devices to two different PCs (using network cables): these PCs will use VLAN (they have network cards capable of VLAN tagging), I want to test end-to-end perfomance between the two PCs.

--------------------

---------------------- AP mode Client mode -------------------

--------------------- | | | cable | cable | | --------

--------- PC 1 PC 2 ---------

------------

So far I've managed to set up VLAN only in the first AP (the one working as Access Point).

Anyone know how to set up VLAN on the AP working as Wireless Working Bridge (Client Bridge)? Is it possible?

There is no "VLAN managment" option in the browser interface if you setup the AP in this way...please help me :-)

Thank you, Francesco

Reply to
ffileppo
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.