Xbox - DI524 Wireless to DIR-655 - Computer

Hi everyone,

Ok here's the question...

I have an Xbox360 that I'd like to avoid having to buy the $100+ Microsoft proprietary wireless adapter. I have an old D-Link DI524 which is apparently compatible with the Xbox 360.

My current computer is in another room and is wired to a D-Link DIR-655.

Is there a way to have the Xbox ethernet wire connected to the DI-524 and have that router talk wirelessly to the DIR-655 and join the rest of the network?

I've never attempted hooking router to router wirelessly before and can't think of a way to do it other than having a wireless nic in one of the computers and bridging the connections to the internet and the rest of the network that way.

So any solutions would be welcome. Do I need any extra hardware or should it be possible with the components I have already?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
The1Falcon
Loading thread data ...

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:10:25 -0500, The1Falcon wrote in :

Router to router (access point to access point) won't work in infrastructure mode. You need a wireless Ethernet _client_ bridge for the Xbox 360.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.