Wireless Bridge help (xbox)

Hi, I have just purchased a Pheenet WAP-011a Wireless AP/Bridge and I am hoping to use it with my Xbox 360 to connect to my Linksys Wireless router but I have fallen down at the first hurdle!

I have connected the Pheenet bridge to my PC NIC and the network connection indicates that it is connected but when I browse to

192.168.1.1 as advised in the very bad instruction manual it doesnt take me to the config menu for the bridge. Normally 192.168.1.1 is my Linksys router but for setup purposes I switch the Linksys off so that it doesn't confuse the issue but still I have no joy.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to networking so have no idea what I am doing wrong. Any advice would be VERY welcomed.

Thanks, Ross :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
SussexMM
Loading thread data ...

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:38:10 -0500, SussexMM wrote in :

Configuring a wireless Ethernet client bridge can be quite tricky, making it even more important to buy a quality supported product, not just the cheapest thing you can find. ;)

To connect to 192.168.1.1 your PC needs to be configured for the same subnet.

If you turn off the wireless router, then your PC almost certainly won't be on the same subnet -- it will get a different address assigned by Windows when DHCP fails.

You probably need to manually configure a temporary IP address in your PC NIC.

See:

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.