Wireless n PCI Adapter

My questions has to do with adding an Wireless N PCI Adapter to my son's Computer running AMD Processor and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Operating System.

I understand that the standard is not set therefore there could be issues with these adapters once that standard is set in stone. My son's roommate purchased a new router for the house that includes the N-Band. I was wondering if any N-Band PCI Adapter will work or only specific ones (based on the Router). I don't have access to the router make and type yet. So if it matters, I will have to get back to you on this.

Thanks

Reply to
JCO
Loading thread data ...

Most will now play well together, although it's best to stick with the same brand. Suggest you consider a USB adapter instead, because that will give you more flexibility on placement and antenna.

Reply to
John Navas

Most will now play well together, although it's best to stick with the same brand. Suggest you consider a USB adapter instead, because that will give you more flexibility on placement and antenna.

Reply to
JCO

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.