Westell & Linksys PCI Adapter

I am having trouble getting my Linksys PCI adapter (WMP54G) to work with my Westel 327W router. I can connect them with the router unsecured but when I add WEP I can't get them to connect. I'm having no trouble either way with my laptop.

I'm using 64bit security so my password has 5 characters. I've made sure I'm typing it in correctly with the right cases.

Any ideas?

Reply to
drietow
Loading thread data ...

Solved my problem. The instructions Linksys put in the box with the PCI Adapter WMP54G was for a USB wireless adapter. It had me install the software off the CD first then install the PCI card. This did not work at all. I then read the instruction of the CD PDF file. It said to install the card first and then power up Windows and let it grab the drivers off the CD. So I removed the card, booted up, removed the Linksys software, then reinsalledt he PCI card and booted up. Windows grabbed the drives off the CD and all work perfect from there on.

WOW great documentation

Reply to
drietow

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.