WinXP SP2 + Netgear MA111v2 configuration question(s)???

Gentlemen;

I've recently tried to make my trusty desktop wireless by plugging in a USB 802.11g wireless adapter. The instructions state that the supplied software MUST be installed before the initial plug in (I thought Windoze handled the drivers and config?).

This I did and when instructed to by the software I inserted the USB device. It was recognized and delivered a configuration screen. OK.

Now I am trying to connect to my own network and it appears that there is an ongoing conflict between the windows built in wireless networking tool and the netgear configuration tool EVEN THOUGH I've unchecked the box asking to "Let windows automatically configure this device".

I cannot get a stead connection. Heck, not even a usable one.

Anyone ever see this unusual behaviour before and if so what can one do to aleviate this condition. All I want to do is use this beast wirelessly???

Thanks.

Bob

Reply to
Bob_M
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.