Repost: D-LInk wireless PCI needs rescan every log on

no reply : - (

I have 2 D-Link wireless PCI adapters - DWL-G520 (using D-Link utility) running on a w2k and xp machine.

The connection works from the OS log on screen. When I log on to either machine, the desktop appears and then the wireless connection is dropped. I am required to rescan every time I log back on.

My laptop connects with a DWL G650, using Windows to manage the connection. No problems.

Setup

D-Link (DI-624) broadband wireless 'G' router. Infrastructure WEP open system 64 bit encryption. Mode is G with or without turbo. Both machines use D-Links config utility to manage connection.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mirro
Loading thread data ...

Using the proprietary config utility, disable Wireless Zero Configuration. Also, broadcast SSID - this is often the solution to squirrely wireless connections.

Q
Reply to
Quaoar

Thanks for your help with this. I have been broadcasting SSID. In both the D-Link router and PCI wireless config utilities, there is no reference to zero config (though I remember it from my Linksys setup prior).

Can you tell me where this setting is found?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mirro

The Wireless Zero Configuration service can be found from All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Administrative Services/Services or the Administrative Services control panel/Services.

Reply to
Quaoar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.