D-Link or Netgear 108 Mbps?

Hi,

I want to buy a wireless router.

I was looking for the D-Link DI-624, until I found that Netgear is also doing a 108 Mbps router WGT624.

I tried to find a comparaison review between them, but can't find nothing.

Is there anyone here who tried both and have some advice?

Thanks

Frank

Reply to
Frank
Loading thread data ...

I have the WGT624 and am very pleased with it. You need a specific NetGear adapter, however, to achieve SuperG or 108 Mbps connectivity. See recent review at:

formatting link
Hope this helps

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to
TLB

=================================================

Not sure what the 'reboot syndrome' is, but mine has been operating for about 2 weeks without a reboot.

Reply to
TLB

Mine's been on since Feb. I had to reboot once after a thunder storm. H

Reply to
Hairy

does your 624 not suffer from the reboot syndrome the 624 is famous for?. Mine certainly does ;-(

P.

Reply to
PJB

I've had the Netgear WGT624 for around 2 months with no shutdowns at all. Works great - highly recommended.

I wonder if the guy below with the "reboot syndrome" didn't download the latest firmware. That's the first thing I did - there's actually a utility built-in to the router that lets you update during the initial installation.

Reply to
Tom C.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.