WG311v2 saga

Here's the gist of my previous post

================ I just bought a Netgear WGR614AU wireless router with two Netgear WG311GE wireless PCI adapters.

So I connected the router to my Motorola SB5100 Surfboard Cable Modem (which has been working faultlessly for 6 months) I was able to get the router connected using an ethernet cable, then I followed the setup to connect the other PC with the WG311ge wireless PCI. After 10 hours I have given up.

I tried the Netgear standard set up at first, in two different PCs, I tried sitting the PC adapter antenna just one foot away from the router antenna, but they just can't see each other.

I tried setting up my SSIDs, checked they were the same, I tried hard coding the MAC addresses. I have made sure all firewall and antivurus software is off. ==============================

Since that post I had a friend come around with a Toshiba notebook with a D-Link card that connected straightaway. No worries at all. So it ain't the Router. I can get a signal using ad-hoc, but no IP.

I've tried WinXP SP2 and plain old WinXP, but it makes no difference. The hardware is a Gigabyte motherboard 8S661FXMP-RZ. The BIOS is Award v6.00pg

I've got the latest drivers, I've evn tried a US Robotics driver that someone recommended, but it wouldn't work for me.

Any more things I can try.?

Vossaka

Reply to
Vossaka
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.