Force desktop to connect to my network

I live is an area with a lot of wireless networks in the area. There are = some networks that my desktop sees that are stronger then my own. How = can I configure my desktop to always connect to my perferred network.

Wireless card: Netgear WG311T 108 Mbps Wireless PCI Desktop: 1GHz processor with 512M Ram OS: WinXP SP2 Router: Linksys WRT54G

The stronger router is also a Linksys (at least the SSID says so).

Thanks

Reply to
Tony Marsillo
Loading thread data ...

Change the SSID (which you should ALWAYS be doing anyway) and then set your network config to use only that.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

You do know (I hope) that there is *NO* 108 Mbps standard for wireless, that is manufacturer specific only... So if you are using any sort of check box to only connect at 108, it will NEVER automatically connect to the linksys devices since they are only 54 (unless you have a linksys card too instead of netgear, usually the same manufacturer, then they can connect in enchanced/turbo speeds.. IE linksys connects at higher speeds to linksys, netgear only connects at higher speed to negear etc).....

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.