Network Woes (Perhaps a bad card?)

I've been having issues with my WRT54GL since I've bought it. I don't know if its my incompetence, my roommates, the routers, or our wireless access card.

The card isa 802.11g Linksys card. I used it last year and it was decent I suppose. It got the job done. I wouldnt know what a good or bad card would be, unless of course its the reason we are having problems now.

I've tried setting up a WPA secured network, a WEP secured network, Ive tried filtering access by only allowing certain MAC addresses... I have no clue what's up.

It seems like every time I secure my network, he cannot connect. I've tried fiddling around with it, I cant for the life of me figure it out.

I dont wanna run to the store and pick up a card just yet. He can connect just fine when I dont have any security measures up. I'm in an apartment, and if I dont have a secured network up, Im guaranteed to have at least 3 people stealing my bandwidth =(

Guys Im at my wits end with this one. I really truly need help.

edit: I realize now that this is more of a network discussion than a hardware discussion. Im pretty sure its NOT the wireless card but I have no idea if I can lock/delete topics. Sigh...

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
AnimalCracker
Loading thread data ...

If you have the GL model, then install the Sveasoft Talisman firmware.

Reply to
dan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.