Help

Hello there, would appreciate some help on a problem i've been having recently.

Up until a few days ago I was connected perfectly to our wireless router (Netgear model WGR14v7). However, 2 days ago when I tried to connect I couldn't pick up the signal. My 3 housemates could pick up the signal fine and connect ok. My wireless switch is definitely on, I've tried unbinding IPv6, tried re-installing the Netgear Adapter twice, did a system restore, went onto the router settings page and tried everything from various types of encryption to disabling it to changing the wireless channel etc.

My wireless card is a built in 802.1gg mini card (I think) and it seems to be picking up another signal from my area so i'm not 100% if that's the problem.

I'm connected with the ethernet cable at the moment and although the lan, wireless and internet light on the router are all green I still cannot view the connection.

Also, last night i went into services.msc and restarted the wlan config. thing and i BRIEFLY saw our network but couldn't connect to it...and then it disappeared again. As from last night my housemates can view the network but now not connect (although this may be because I was fiddling with the encryption for a while).

Sorry if that's longwinded, would appreciate some help on the matter!

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Bazzinho
Loading thread data ...

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 12:56:16 -0500, Bazzinho wrote in :

Does it work when you place your computer 6 feet from the Netgear model WGR14v7? If so, the likely problem is wireless interference. (See the wiki below.)

What does that mean? Can you access the router status page?

Turn off all security while troubleshooting. Get your housemates working. If you can't, then replace the wireless router.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.