Lost Network key

i have a TP-Link TL-WR641G Wireless router and when im trying to connect to the internet using it its asking for a Network Key or WPA key.

Where do i find this? ive had the router about 2 years and its never asked for this before and i no longer have the box it came in!

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
langin1
Loading thread data ...

Who installed it? Have you ever accessed the management page via http? If it was installed with no password, someone who thinks they are being helpful may have logged on and changed the password, and set encryption.

On the back side, Use the Factory Default Reset button: First, turn off the router's power. Second, press and hold the default reset button then turn on the router's power, until the system LED lights up (about 3 seconds). Last, release the reset button and wait for the router to reboot.

Connect to the web interface at 192.168.1.1, login as admin, password admin.

Reply to
dold

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:22:01 -0500, langin1 wrote in :

In addition the other advice posted in response, be warned that this could be a sign your router has been hacked, and that you should set WPA security with a strong passphrase to protect yourself against a recurrence once you get things working again. I suggest writing your WPA passphrase on a sticker stuck to the bottom of the router.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.