netgear wireless adapter disabling usb ports!

Hello, I've been having a mare since setting up wireless broadband using the netgear router and the wg111t. It appears to disable all my other USB ports like my printer, wireless keyboard and has even wiped my soundcard off my system. I ended up reinstalling windows totally twice with reformatting it and still no luck and am at the end of my tether as it wont recognize my printer no matter what I do. Has anyone else had these problems - don't know if it would make any difference but I am on sky broadband and it came with the free wireless netgear router........ HELP!!! Ta in advance - Lau x

Reply to
fluffypinklaa
Loading thread data ...

On 4 Apr 2007 14:12:12 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sky.com wrote in :

Try a different wireless USB adapter.

Reply to
John Navas

ta but I've taken it back and am on my 2nd WG111T replacement now, and have tried an older WG111 which didn't work either. am close to crying as I have to reboot it so many times to work - maybe it's the broadband software? never had any problems with wireless in the past on other machines and seems strange that even tho i've reinstalled windows it makes no difference. Doing windows updates seems to totally kill the adapter too! Never had any probs with me USB ports before niehter......

Reply to
fluffypinklaa

On 5 Apr 2007 14:51:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sky.com wrote in :

When I wrote "different" I meant _really_ different, as in a different _brand_.

Reply to
John Navas

We've got three of those Netgear WG 111s around here and they can work great or be difficult. Not the one I would recommend.

They do put off a lot of heat and may serve well as USB-powered coffee warmers. Just dip it in your cup.... actually, between the radiated heat and the microwave, I could be onto something here !

Haven't seen the USB port disabling though.

Steve

Reply to
seaweedsteve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.