Dell wireless adapter doesn't recieve

I have a dell wireless adapter 1180 on my remote dell desktop running xp transmitting to a 1184 dell wireless router.The host computer running xp, hard wired connects fine, the remote says it is connected and signal strength is excellent but does not show any packets being recieved.It does not recognize the network and was working fine for over a year then started losing the connection intermittently the past month.Now it won't connect.I have checked all my internet settings and all my wireless settings and they seem fine.I have run the network wizard twice checked drivers and have done everything I can think of at least twice.Is it possible the adapter quit recieving?The usb cable works with all other devices and I have checked the device manager which says this device is working properly.I had it set up for a static IP address and when I switch to automatic it cannot aquire.All other devices,print server and computer connected by ethernet to router work fine.I am considering replacing system with a netgear pci wireless card and router and this will just speed up the process if the usb adapter went south.Any info would be appreciated.Thanks!

Reply to
bluze
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.