netgear 835g router and port forward

Hi folks ^^

I am a networking newb :rolleyes: I'm trying to set up forwarding to allow me to get decent downloads speeds in utorrent.

I have a static IP address from my ISP, Eclipse internet, I use wireless to connect to my netgear 835g router and i'm on a 6 meg connection.

When downloading any torrent i seem to allways get the connection reset by peer message, I'm not sure if its my isp or if its an issue with port forwarding.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Azzazal
Loading thread data ...

Azzazal hath wroth:

Either your ISP thinks you're opening too many TCP connections, or your router is barfing on too many TCP connections and dropping the connection.

Limit the Maximumble number of global connections to about 120. Limit the number of half open connections to about 15. There should be something in the utorrent docs on performance tuning. I'm too lazy/busy to RTFM.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.