Edimax EW-7128g Aquiring network address

I recently installed an Ralink Edimax EW-7128g (802.11g) PCI card in the office comp. Had xp home on there n it connect fine, no issues. Day before yesterday I installed xp pro and after getting all the drivers for the comp installed the Ralink Edimax drivers. Use the company software (not Zero Config) and it found the network fine (comming from a netgear router provided by sky incidently) I put in the 8 didget code so it can connect and it gets on with it with

Aquiring network address

This however is where it stays, constantly dropping in n out of Aquiring network address in the companies software. In the view wireless networks in windows it just stay constantly on Aquiring network address.

I have tried several reinstalls as well as using zero config but get the same thing. Is there something different in pro as opposed to home in this regard ?

Thanks

(originally posted this in wrong room, sry :P)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
phantomdentist
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.