Acquiring network address forever!

Ok...

I am running windows XP SP2 on both my desktop and laptop. I have a Zoom ADSL 6x Router and a Belkin High Speed Mode Wireless G USB Dongle.

I have been able to go online with my laptop many times before, but today when I try to connect it gets stuck on acquiring network address. My signal strength is to the max. I have it auto connect when in range, so I do not have to enter a key. My PS3 connects to it fine. I am using Windows Network Connections. I have all the TCP/IP on automatic. Rebooted and nothing works. Unplugged and plugged my USB dongle. Nothing works?

I can't think of any more information but I will give it if asked.

Thank you, Luke

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
lukejames1111
Loading thread data ...

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 15:25:40 -0500, lukejames1111 wrote in :

Some setting must have changed. Suggest:

• Checking the wireless router status screens to see if any security is on (e.g., WEP, MAC filtering).
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the USB Wi-Fi adapter.
  • Resetting the wireless router to hardware defaults and starting over. Disable all security settings when troubleshooting.
Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.