DWL 520 Strange Problem

Hi.

Purchased a D-Link DWL-520 wireless network card over a year ago and other than running an occasional "Repair" from the XP SP2 network connection page everything worked ok. Even when I reconfigured it for WEP security three months ago everything still worked fine, until one week ago.

It still shows an "excellent" signal strength to my base (Motorola SBG

1000) and it is acquires an IP address, however it doesn't connect to the Internet. When I ping its address from another PC in my household it times out (pinging from this problem PC - it's a Dell, to another PC works). I've exhausted my knowledge on this one (changed the properties, removed security, released the address, and a dozen other things)

The only clue I possibly have is that it stopped working soon after running Norton Virus protection.

Could it be a virus, or do I just have a bad card? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Reply to
aww91
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Airman Thunderbird

If that doesn't work there is a good chance that it is broke. Can't think of the term at the moment but I have seen where the internals can go where it can send but not receive or the opposite. Try it in another machine and see if the same happens.

Reply to
DS

Will try and let you know results. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Reply to
aww91

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.